Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sex In The City

Aah, the anticipation of the Sex in the City. It was everything that I hope for, being a long time fan since day one. If anything that inspired me the most about fashion was tuning in every Sunday to see what Carrie was wearing, then try to replicate it some how and some way. As I still watch some of my favorite episodes, I think to myself how timeless some of the styles were and still are. I remember the time when Carrie was sporting the shawls and ponchos and how everyone had a shawl and poncho or was making grandma make them a shawl and poncho. It grew into this crazy phenomena of knit making housewives who sold their creations like watch dealers on the corners of the streets. Those were the days. How we felt like one of those girls in some point of our lives and could really relate to all those trying relationships. I must say I was happy about the outcome of the movie and hope all other Sex in the City fans felt the same way. I betcha there were probably more fashionistas and cosmos out there than stars in the sky. And like my sister and my friend said, this is the time for all the boys to be out at the movies. Every girl in America was out that night.

Tuxedo jacket: thrifted

Dress: own design

Belt: Nicholas K

Shoes: Lf Stores

No comments: